* A common cause of snoring seems to be too much body weight. You should exercise to lose weight and your snoring should naturally stop.
* Your sleeping position may be a factor in whether you snore or not.
* Smokers are more likely to snore because the chemicals in cigarettes and cigars irritate the tissue in the throat that then hampers the airflow through the throat and causes breathing difficulty, thus resulting in snoring.
* Alcohol can also cause snoring because when you drink, your body becomes more relaxed, including the muscles of the throat.
* Eating right before your bedtime can result in the food just sitting in your stomach not fully digested, and that can also add pressure to your diaphragm resulting in snoring.
* Milk may cause a build up of mucous in the body, which may become lodged in the throat and nasal passages.
* Certain research suggests that honey helps in clearing the airways in the body and can therefore help stop snoring.